#DIY At-home Hair & Skin Care Hacks
- Take 1 spoon of honey and cinnamon each. Add to it coconut flakes and apply the paste evenly on your skin for an oxidizing face mask.
- If your skin is red, itchy, puffy or burned – a paste made of honey and oatmeal will work wonders.
- To exfoliate your skin, follow this procedure: brew a pot of chamomile tea, add to it half a pack of oats, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp baking soda. Apply and leave on for about 5 minutes.
- Chaffed and dry lips? Make a scrub using olive oil, sugar and honey.
- If you’re looking to get rid of marks, make a scrub out of moist ground coffee and olive oil. Remember to moisturize later.
- Turmeric, lemon juice and curd is an excellent solution to get rid of tanning and brighten skin.
- If you are suffering from a blackhead problem, a mixture of tomato and lemon juice shrink pores and reduce blackheads.
- The best solution to get rid of acne – milk and honey! Apply regularly for glowing and acne-free skin!
- Wash your hair with rice water as a shampoo to keep it from greying faster. Boil two cups of rice in water – and drain the water to use.
- Dry hair no more! All you have to do is apply 2 raw beaten eggs on your hair and scalp. This will give you a beautiful sheen to your now moisturized hair and is also known to prevent premature greying.
- For thinning hair, apply the following paste and leave for 20-30 minutes: 2 tbsp of honey, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 egg yolks and 2 ripe bananas, mixed with half a cup of conditioner. Do this every time after you shampoo.
- If you’re looking for a solution to your forever messy, unkempt looking hair – take half a cup of water, 4 tbsp of lemon juice and honey each, and about 1/4 cup of olive oil. Mix with 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour (add more flour if the paste is too thick.) Keep this paste for 30-45 minutes under a shower cap before you rinse.
- To add more volume to your locks, use starch mist and blowdry.
- For an itchy scalp, add some tea tree essential oil to your regular oil, heat it up and apply it on your scalp with a swab of cotton.
- Get rid of dandruff with this concoction: Boil ginger in water and add lemon juice, and olive oil to it. Drain the liquid, apply it to your hair and let it dry out.
- A mixture of Mayonnaise, honey, rosemary oil and lavender oil can stop hair fall.
Best of luck with all your skin and hair problems. If you’re in Pune and looking for some expert advice, book an appointment at The Wedding Clinic.
At The Wedding Clinic, we believe your skin is unique and deserves to be treated as such. Drop us a line or book a consultation with our in-house dermatologist for an in-depth understanding of your skin and how it can be aesthetically enhanced.